unjustified adj : lacking justification or authorization; "unreasonable searches and seizures"; "desire for undue private profit"; "unwarranted limitations of personal freedom" [syn: undue, unwarranted]
- not justified; unauthorized
The term justify has many meanings:
- To one's statement with positive evidence, see justification
- In telecommunication, the term justify has the following meanings:
in typesetting, i.e. To align text horizontally or vertically so
that the first and last characters of every line, or the first and
last line of the text, are aligned with their corresponding
- To align data on a designated character position.
- In mathematics, the term justify means to prove the validity of a claim using an accepted method of proof. See Mathematical proof.